Thursday, August 25, 2011

SNEAK A PEEK: Kelly Rowland & Her Black Lingerie Give Some Motivation, Talks Being Down With The "Swirl" & Her Hard Separation From Papa Knowles

TheYBF.com has this exclusive outtake from Kelly Rowland's August/September issue of VIBE magazine.  The "Motivation" singer is rocking her bedroom gear and heels...and looking uber sexy while doing so.

 

Check out our exclusive, her smoking photo gallery, plus quotes from her interview about Mathew Knowles, her former D-Child groupmates, and that she's DEFINITELY down with the swirl inside....

The beautiful Kelly rocks the all black lingerie look well in the new issue of VIBE.  And she's talking about why possiby her music does better in the states, why she DOESN'T beef with Kelly & Michelle, and how hard her break-away from Mathew Knowles was.  Here's a few excerpts:

 

The album didn’t do well in the States. It did better overseas, particularly in Europe. Do you feel more appreciated in Europe?
No, not really. People still compare me to B over there. I said in an interview recently, “You know, if you guys would be a little bit more intelligent and ask me about myself we’ll have a much better interview.” You can’t want a story from me and keep asking me about the past.

What do you think people want you to say?
They want me to say that I can’t stand Michelle. That I can’t stand Beyoncé. But that’s not the case. It’s real love. Sorry, it’s a boring story. I take that back. I’m not sorry. We can support each other. That’s the way it should be. You hear too many stories about women bickering. And that’s not the case with us.

The main reason why people don’t believe that is because of Mathew Knowles. He was your manager. And he was a father ?gure to you. And you got rid of him as your manager. There had to be some tension there.
No. It was just a feeling of growing and wanting to call my own shots. That was it. I thank Mathew for everything he’s done for me. He made me a millionaire at 18 years old. And then I felt like, “Well, I’m an adult now and I want to do things this way.”

Was it more dif?cult because you lived with him since you were a kid?
Yeah, it was more dif? cult. But I needed to be sel?sh for a minute. I had to reclaim my power.

Did he try to talk you out of it?
Well… He just wanted me to be certain of my decision.

Do you think what happened with Columbia was connected? You left Mathew and a few months later you were dropped by Columbia Records.
I can’t speak on what I don’t know. I will say that it all worked out in the end. I have nothing to complain about.

When you walked away from that last meeting with Mathew, did you feel an “exhale” moment?
I did, but I also felt like, Oh my God, what have I done?! I stayed in the house for two days. I was sad. It was like a funeral. I had to deaden that situation in order to start fresh. That’s a very long time to have the same manager and the same label.

What about your personal relationship with Mathew Knowles. Do you still talk to him?
Mathew sent me ?owers for my birthday!

Kelly goes on to chat about being a single woman and not having time for relationships...but she's not afraid to date "others" for a bit of swirl.  Check out the rest of the interview over at VIBE.  And her full gallery of HOT photos HERE.

 

Source: http://theybf.com/2011/08/24/sneak-a-peek-kelly-rowland-her-black-lingerie-give-some-motivation

Leila Arcieri Lena Headey Leonor Varela Leslie Bega Leslie Bibb Lil Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment